STREAM LIVE

Kitchen Fire May Leave House A Total Loss

Cooking a pizza snack on the stove is what apparently started a fire that gutted a three-apartment house in La Crosse on Thursday.

While nobody was hurt in the afternoon fire, structural damage could make it impractical to fix the house. Owner Rick Hamilton got an assessment of damage from the assistant fire chief, hearing about severe damage to the walls and roof.  One of the three units had been vacated recently. The current tenants were accounted for soon after the fire was reported.

 

In order to post comments, you must be a registered user.

Polls

Are You In Favor Of The Proposed Hwy 35 Changes?