STREAM LIVE

Fire Department Says Family Saved by Detectors

Smoke detectors are getting the credit for saving a family from a fire on La Crosse's southside this week.  Firefighters responded to a fire at 2223 East Avenue south early yesterday morning.   They found a rental showing fire and smoke.  the family of four escaped with minor injuries.  The fire department says the kids were alerted by the smoke detectors, one on the first floor, one on the second.  The second floor child had to escape from an upstairs window from the fire.  The other child had to wake up mom to get her out of the house.  A timely open house event at fire station number three this week will include free nine volt batteries to people to put in their smoke detectors. 

In order to post comments, you must be a registered user.

Polls

Should LaCrosse Offer Incentives For Employees To Live Inside The City?