Fire Hits Restaurant In Old Avalon Ballroom

It used to be one of La Crosse's hottest night spots:

(Click for Audio)

But t the former Avalon Ballroom was just plain hot for a while on Wednesday, when fire broke out in what's now the Super Buffet restaurant. The fire scene was a block away from the Monitor Street fire station, and WIZM's Brad Williams watched firefighters go to work:

(Click for Audio)

Nobody was hurt.  The fire reportedly spread up the kitchen walls from a stovetop.  Most of the damage at Super Buffet seemed to be confined to the ceiling and roof areas.


In order to post comments, you must be a registered user.


What Should Happen With The Municipal Boat Harbor?