Protesters storming N.C. capital over similar bill
Students cleaned up 1,456 cigarette butts in Powell Park last month
There is something uncomfortable about watching the annual White House Correspondent's Dinner. And it's not just the room was filled with narcissists pretending to love one another. It was uncomfortable...
The Board of Education for the School District of La Crosse voted Tuesday night in special session to award a contract to Fowler and Hammer to serve as the general contractor for the district’s new north side school. Fowler and Hammer’s bid of $14,513,000 was the lowest of the 5 bids submitted for the project. “Not only was Fowler and Hammer’s bid the lowest bid, but it also outlined a commitment to work with local laborers,” shares Superintendent of Schools Randy Nelson. “We are excited to work with them on this project and know that they will bring extreme expertise to the project.” The district has scheduled a ground breaking ceremony for the new school for Friday, September 6th at 10:00 a.m.
On a hot night.....if someone walks into your store with a hoodie and mask on.....you know it won't be good. As was the case at Kwik Trip on George Street in La Crosse early this morning.
La Crosse Police responded an armed robbery just before 1 this morning. Upon arrival officers had contact with store employees. Police say a guy walked into the Kwik Trip, showed a gun and demanded money. The guy was wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt with the hood pulled up over his head and had a black mask and white gloves on. He took cash and two cartons of cigarettes and then left in an unknown direction.
Call La Crosse Police if you have any info.
In the space of three days, two well-known business buildings in downtown La Crosse have been damaged by fire.
Fayze's restaurant on 4th Street is being fixed up after an early-morning fire on Sunday. Firefighters found flames in the basement, and confined the fire to that area. The restaurant and the Top Shots bar were evacuated during the fire, along with apartments on upper floors. The Fayze's fire comes two days after an electrical fire caused damage to the marquee area of the vacant Hollywood Theater, one block away.