Information about and from LaCrosse Talk
WI's Do Not Call List or call (866) 966-2255
MN's Do Not Call List or call (800) 921-4110
Federal Do Not Call List or call (888) 382-1222
A candidate from western Wisconsin could emerge in the recall election for governor. State Senator Kathleen Vinehout, who represents the 31st Senate District, says she is seriously considering a run for governor.
Vinehout has served in the Senate since 2006. Vinehout says she expects to announce a decision in the next two to three weeks.
An apparent drug-related death in La Crosse is now considered a murder case...
The district attorney's office has brought reckless homicide charges against Cain Moss and Christina Lorenz, nearly six months after they were arrested for allegedly hiding the body of Anthony Du Charme near a city park. Earlier testimony in the case indicated that 'Tony, Tina, and Cain' had used drugs together just before Tony suddenly died. Judge Ramona Gonzalez commended the D-A for waiting until an autopsy was concluded before charging anyone with killing Du Charme.
(AP) Four more employees of the Antigo School District have been suspended following a drug investigation that resulted in criminal charges against the high school football coach. The school district released a statement Monday which said three of the four employees work at the high school and include a special education teacher, a learning disabilities teacher and the director of the aquatic center. The fourth employee is an elementary school gym teacher. All will be on paid leave. The principal of Antigo West and Pleasant View elementary schools was one of three people charged last week with a marijuana distribution business in Langlade County. Forty-seven-year-old John Lund is also the high school football coach. The Antigo Daily Journal reports Lund appeared in court Monday. He will return for a preliminary hearing Feb. 9. Lund's attorney, Hank Schultz, says he plans a vigorous defense. The Wausau Daily Herald says the district has already replaced the four suspended employees.
(AP) Gov. Scott Walker says he has $2.6 million on hand to fight an effort to recall him from office. Walker reported Monday that he had that much cash on hand as of Jan. 17, the end of the current period covered by the report. That is the same day that organizers of the effort to recall him say they submitted more than 1 million signatures to force an election. They also submitted petitions to recall Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch and four other Republican state senators. Walker released a statement about his report, but the actual filing was not yet posted. He had until midnight to file it. Walker says he raised $12 million since Jan. 1, 2011. He raised $2.5 million in the last three weeks of the year.